Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2013

New L'Oreal Caresse lipsticks review + YSL Comparison.


Hello all!
I know, I know! It's been a few days since I last posted and I did promise I would do this comparison post. I've had some camera issues (which will become apparent in the pictures) and didn't want to post to be honest because of the bad quality. I decided I would soldier on though so please excuse the bad quality pictures!

So L'Oreal has come out with these new lip products which have been compared a lot to the YSL lip products on youtube and on some blogs. As I own one of each of the original YSL products I thought I would do a comparison post.

But first I will just give my thoughts on the actual product without comparing them to the YSL lippies.

The packaging:
I really like the packaging for drugstore products. It looks quite sleek and isn't flimsy. The only thing I don't like is the see through lid. I HATE see through lids. It's redeeming factor is the top of the lip has a colour on it similar to the colour of the lipstick so it's not too bad. Overall its a B+ for L'Oreal with this packaging and I can see why they went for the infamous YSL gold colour look for their packaging!

The texture:

The texture is really nice and creamy. It glides on and is a pleasure to wear. It feels soft and glossy and to be honest feels (and unfortunately looks) like a lip butter. It's a nice texture and consistency and feels quite nourishing for the lips.

The colour payoff:

Unfortunately, the colour payoff isn't great for the lighter shade ( I only picked up 3, 2 of which were bright and 1 which was a  nude colour) 501, Nude Ingenue. It didn't make any difference to my lips and looked nothing more than a tinted lip balm or a very badly pigmented lip butter. However the two bright colours 07 Cheeky Magenta and 202 Impulsive Fuschia came out a bit better. There was definite pigmentation but they were quite sheer. Sheer yet buildable! You could definitely build them up with a couple of coats.

The lasting power:

They didn't last. At all. Nude Ingenue was gone within no more than 15 minutes and the other two didn't last longer than an hour. Not impressed.

Overall:

Overall, I was somewhat impressed with them as a product without the comparisons! The colours are beautiful in the tube but somewhat lose in transition to the lips. They don't last very long but they're good if I'm going out to the shop or somewhere where I won't be very long but want a lipstick. At £7.99 I don't really think they are worth it if I am deadly honest. That being said, I am not sad that I did buy them and think I will find some uses for them.


PICTURES AND SWATCHES:


Top to bottom- 501- Nude Ingenue, 07 Cheeky Magenta, 202 Impulsive Fuchsia.



Comparison to YSL Rogue Volupte lipstick.

The YSL Rogue Volupte lipstick is one of my favorite lipsticks around today. They are so creamy and are very nice to wear. The L'Oreal Caresse lipsticks definitely reminded me of them texture wise and even had the same scent. They are roughly the same size. The YSL lipstick is far more pigmented and lasts a lot longer. It's packaging is to die for and is to me the best lipstick packaging of any brand!
I would definitely say that the lipsticks are comparable, but YSL does beat the L'Oreal version by far. Coming in at £24 for the YSL Rouge Volupte shine version, it is definitely more affordable to buy the £7.99 L'Oreal version.
YSL definitely wins the comparison, the L'Oreal is definitely worth a try.

Try them for yourself and let me know down in the comments below.

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick- £24 at boots.

http://www.boots.com/en/YSL-Rouge-Volupte-Shine-Lipstick_1301415/

L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick- £8.19 at boots. (Was £7.99 when I bought it but seems to have since gone up)

http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Rouge-Caresse-Lipstick_1247632/


Thank you for reading and please let me know what you thought!

When Shadows Remain.
Bridget-Nicole
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Love comparisons like these really helps when trying to decide between high end and drugstore but it's always nice to a have a little bit of luxury as well!

    www.littlepieceofbeauty.blogspot.com - Have a great giveaway going on just now.

    Leigh

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really helpful. Thank you :)

    http://thesecretlifeofabeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete